Visit the castle of Chevreaux
Explore a must-see monument during your stay
During your stay in Burgundy-Franche-Comté, discover the Château de Chevreaux, close to your place of residence.
The history of Château de Chevreaux
The fortification dates back to the early 12th century, during the feudal period and the reign of the lords of the Revermont region. The castle has had several owners over the centuries.
Over the centuries, the castle has suffered extensive damage. It was rebuilt according to a 1628 text that describes it wonderfully.
Unfortunately, it was partially destroyed during the Ten Years' War, from 1634 to 1644. It is these remains that are now visible to the general public.
Since 1990, a local association has been restoring the ruins of the Château de Chevreaux, and its volunteers organise a wide range of events on the site to keep the renovations going and raise awareness of the castle.
Self-guided and guided tours
The "Friends of Chevreaux Chatel" association allows visitors to explore the different parts of the castle: the surrounding walls, the towers, the bailey, the oven and the dwellings, among others. The interior of the buildings is only accessible for guided tours and events organised by the association.
This year, there are a number of events on offer:
- From 23 June to 17 September: tour of the château with the Porte du Jura tourist office
- At the beginning of August, a starry night is being prepared
- From 06 to 19 August, take part in stone-cutting and masonry workshops
- The September Heritage Days are also held at the château.
- 📍 Address: 11 Rue du Château, 39190 Chevreaux
- 🚗 Access: 24 minutes by bike or 6 minutes by car from the hotelVisit the Château de Chevreaux